Stand Strong Stay Safe Curriculum
Our PK-4th grade safety education curriculum teaches students how to prevent victimization through assertiveness skill building. Children learn how to stay safe from bullying, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect.
Why it works:
- Based on research, young children can learn skills to keep themselves safe. This curriculum focuses on assertiveness skills, which prevents victimization.
- Children are taught the importance of empathy and the power of kind words to promote a positive sense of community and improve interpersonal relationships in the classroom.
- Activities and home connections allow for ongoing practice and repetition to increase retention of the skills.
How it works:
- Four or five 30 minute lessons per class
- Interactive presentations (puppet show) and role-play