Spanish II Pre-AP Syllabus
Instructor: Profesora Angèlica Millán
Location: South Campus, Room 1530
Classroom Hours: 6:55 am-2:55 pm Mon-Thurs
School Phone: 281-997-7445 (leave a message and I will call back on conference time)
Email Address: email@example.com
Tutorials: Wednesday and Thursday last 15 minutes of class, Fridays Virtually 1:30-2:30 in Teams
- To lay a foundation for understanding, speaking, reading and writing
a foreign language
- To appreciate and understand the culture and literature of other countries.
Oral repetition, conversation, asking and answering questions, reading assignments, writing exercises, projects, songs and cultural lessons 1st Semester Grade Breakdown:
You will have a daily grade in the form of a short assignment online after each lesson in addition to a warm up that will be uploaded in canvas Fridays.
Monday Vocabulary Introduction/Review/Video/Lesson/Quiz
Tuesday/Wednesday Grammar Instruction/Quiz
Thursday Grammar/Vocabulary Review Pearson Online
Friday Online Review and uploads
Online Resources: Pearson Textbook online, Conjuguemos.com and Quizlet App
ATTENDANCE AND TARDIES
Regular attendance is very important in order to keep up in a foreign language classroom. Students should arrive on time. If a student is tardy, he/she will not be admitted to class without a pass from the tardy station. If a student misses more than 10 minutes of a class, he/she is counted absent.
REMOTE LEARNERS: If you cannot livestream during your class period, you will have until 11:59 pm to view uploaded lesson and complete online assignment or YOU WILL BE COUNTED ABSENT.
In person learners: PLEASE STAY HOME IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL. YOU CAN LOGIN AND LIVESTREAM FROM HOME THAT DAY😊. YOUR HEALTH COMES FIRST-YOU WILL NOT FALL BEHIND!
One class day per day of absence is allowed for makeup work for excused absences. It is the student's responsibility to ask for any make-up work after an absence.
If you know you will be absent, please check with me ahead of time to pick up your work. If you are absent for an extended period of time, contact the counselors for your assignments.
On major projects/papers late work will be accepted on the following grading scale:
1st day-50 points
TESTS AND GRADING-EVEN DAYS ONLY
Tests will be given regularly. All students present will take the test. Any tests missed due to absences must be made up within one day per consecutive day of absence.
Daily work - regular classes - 40%
Major grades - regular classes - 60%
Semester grade - average of the two nine-weeks grades + final exam. Final exam is 20% of the semester average.
You are permitted 3 days to redo Tests and/or Quizzes with grades below a 70%. It is your responsibility to come to me and make arrangements. You may only do this twice every 9 weeks-so choose wisely.
EXPECTATIONS FOR SMOOTH CLASSROOM OPERATION;
BEFORE ENTERING CLASS TEAM:
- Dress appropriately & according to Pearland I.S.D.’s dress code
- MUST wear MASK at all times
- Ensure device is fully charged
- Choose a quiet area free from distractions (not outside) with adequate lighting
- Place device on a level, steady surface
- Blur your background or use a school appropriate background
- Mute microphone upon entering our class period team
DURING CLASS TIME:
- Leave your camera on in order to actively participate & for attendance purposes
- Use earbuds or headset with built-in microphone
- Keep your microphone muted when you are not speaking
- Use the chat feature to submit questions
- Use the raise your hand feature to indicate you need to speak
- Speak clearly, near your device
- Stay seated and stay present
- No interruptions during class time (texting, phone calls, side conversations)
- No multitasking-be present, you are still in class even if not in the physical classroom with us!
- Be prepared and take notes and complete work
DAILY- ON YOUR OWN:
- All work is to be accessed and submitted through Canvas, it is your responsibility to access your assignments DAILY during class and submit all work on time!
Not following the classroom rules will result in the following action or actions:
- Warning & after class conference with student/last out
- One hour detention and call to parent
- Two hours detention and call to parent
- Referral to principal
Severe infractions will result in immediate referral to principal
Written work is to be done on white notebook paper in blue or black ink only. Students may write on both sides of the paper except for formal writing assignments. All work must be legible. If a student cannot write legibly, then she/he may print.
All In-Person students will be required to have the following supplies for Spanish II.
1 pack of Hand Towels
You Must wear a mask every day to school/class
Last 5 minutes of class will be wiping down desk with disinfectant (provided)
Your Device – no books will be distributed to In Person students
Notebook paper and pen should be brought to class daily!!
HAVE ALL SUPPLIES BY YOUR NEXT FACE TO FACE DAY!!!!!!
All Pearland ISD and Pearland High School rules and guidelines will be followed.