Pearland ISD provides homebound services within the district boundary to students who have a chronic or acute medical condition that prohibits school attendance. The period of confinement is a minimum of four consecutive weeks, as documented by a licensed physician.
This is the process for homebound services:
- Parent notifies campus of student's condition and obtains a Homebound Release of Information Form
- Release of Information forms are faxed to the homebound office at 281-412-1242
- Pearland ISD Special Programs staff contacts the treating physician.
- Homebound Needs Assessment is completed by the treating physician
- An ARD (Admission, Review and Dismissal) or Section 504 committee meeting is scheduled to review the physician's recommendation and determine the appropriate student placement
- Once a student has been released by the physician, an ARD or Section 504 committee meeting is held to dismiss the student from homebound to return to school.