The Pearland ISD Board of Trustees comprises seven trustees who serve three-year terms. Annual elections are held the first Saturday of May. Each trustee represents the entire school district rather than a section of the population.
The candidate who receives the highest number of votes for each respective position will serve as a trustee. Runoffs are not conducted unless candidates tie.
According to the Texas Education Code and the Texas Election Code, mandatory joint elections are required for school district trustee elections. Board elections are held on the same date as the election for members of the governing body of a municipality located within the school district.
For more information, contact Gina Guzzetta at (832) 736-6127.
- Brazoria County Election Page
- Voter Registration Form
- Polling Places (Early Voting)
- Polling Places (Election Day)
- Precinct Maps
- Policy Online
- Notice and Order of Election
- Important Election Dates
- Notice of Voting Order Priority with Certain Disabilities
County Clerk/Voter Registrar
111 East Locust
Angleton, Texas 77515
111 East Locust
Angleton, Texas 77515
Ann Harris Bennett
Tax Assessor-Collector/Voter Registrar
P.O. Box 4089
Houston, TX 77210-4089
Ballot Order & Submitted Applications for the Ballot:
Trustee Position Three
Trustee Position Four
Trustee Position Six
Eligibility—Texas Election Code Section 141.001
An individual is eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a Texas school board if the individual:
- is a United States citizen;
- is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
- has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- has not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
- for an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot;
- for a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate’s name is written in; or
- for an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
- is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described above; and
- satisfies any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
The Texas Education Code imposes an additional requirement:
- A person is ineligible to serve on a school board if the person has been convicted of a felony or an offense under Texas Penal Code section 43.021 regarding solicitation of prostitution.
Tex. Educ. Code § 11.066.
Filing to Run for Trustee
Application for Place on Ballot
|First Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail
|Monday, January 1, 2024*
*First day to file does not move because of New Year’s Day holiday. An “Annual ABBM” or FPCA for a January or February 2024 election may be filed earlier, but not earlier than the 60th day before the date of the January or February election.
|First Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot (Local Non-County Political Subdivisions Only)
|Wednesday, January 17, 2024
|Last Day to Order General Election or Special Election on a Measure
|Friday, February 16, 2024
|Last Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot (Local Non-County Political Subdivisions Only)
|Friday, February 16, 2024 at 5:00 p.m.
|Last Day to File a Declaration of Write-in Candidacy (Local Non-County Political Subdivisions Only)
|Tuesday, February 20, 2024 at 5:00 p.m.
|Last Day to Register to Vote
|Thursday, April 4, 2024
|First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
|Monday, April 22, 2024
|Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (Received, not Postmarked)
|Tuesday, April 23, 2024
|Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
|Tuesday, April 30, 2024
|Last day to Receive Ballot by Mail
|Saturday, May 4, 2024 (Election Day) at 7:00 p.m. if carrier envelope is not postmarked, OR Monday, May 6, 2024 (next business day after Election Day) at 5:00 p.m. if carrier envelope is postmarked by 7:00 p.m. at the location of the election on Election Day (unless overseas or military voter deadlines apply)
Political Advertising - What You Need to Know
Brazoria County Commissioner’s Court Order No. 6 RE: Order Prohibiting Placement of Political Signs on County Property
Public Election Signage Within the City of Pearland