Pearland ISD will continue to consult with, and review guidance issued by the Texas Education Agency (TEA), Brazoria County Health Department, Texas Department of State Health Services as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Additionally, any order issued by the governor’s office will be followed. Any modification to our daily operations will be determined by a committee of district administration and input from local health authorities to ensure a healthy and safe environment for our students, staff and community.
General Health Protocols
- People with symptoms of infectious diseases, including COVID-19 should stay home and get tested for COVID-19.
- Campuses will teach and reinforce proper handwashing to lower the risk of spreading viruses, including the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Improve ventilation to the extent possible to increase circulation of outdoor air, increase the delivery of clean air and dilute potential contaminants.
- Campuses will clean high-touch surfaces at least once a day to reduce the risk of germs spreading by touching surfaces.
- If a facility has had someone who tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 24 hours, the space will be cleaned and disinfected.
- Pearland ISD will work with local health officials to consider local conditions and factors when deciding to implement prevention strategies.