Pearland ISD provides homebound services within the district boundary to students who have a chronic or acute medical condition that prohibits school attendance. The period of confinement is a minimum of four consecutive weeks, as documented by a licensed physician.
This is the process for homebound services:
- Parent notifies campus of student's condition and obtains a Homebound Release of Information Form
- Release of Information forms are faxed to the homebound office at 281-412-1242
- Pearland ISD Special Programs staff contacts the treating physician.
- Homebound Needs Assessment is completed by the treating physician
- An ARD (Admission, Review and Dismissal) or Section 504 committee meeting is scheduled to review the physician's recommendation and determine the appropriate student placement
- Once a student has been released by the physician, an ARD or Section 504 committee meeting is held to dismiss the student from homebound to return to school.
For more information about homebound services, contact Edie Fitzgerald .