Due to a high volume of transfer applications, processing may take several weeks.
All student transfers for the 2024-2025 school year will be applied for beginning 12:00 AM, February 1, 2024, to March 8, 2024, 11:59 PM. This includes transfers for:
- Intra-District transfers: students residing inside the Pearland ISD boundary, children of non-employees (Grades PreK - 12).
- Inter-District transfers: students residing outside the Pearland ISD boundary, children of non-employees (Grades 1 - 12).
- All transfer applications for children of full-time employees begin February 1, 2024. There is no deadline for full-time employees due to hiring throughout the school year however, full-time employees must apply as soon as possible, as some campuses may have limited space. Children of full-time employees will not receive class placement at the desired school before a transfer application has been approved. Do not wait until August to apply. It may cause a delay in your student’s enrollment.
Student transfers are a privilege, not a right. Only a zoned campus is obligated to enroll a student. Students must meet and maintain the eligibility requirements each year to receive transfer approval. Additional conditions include the District’s right to revoke a transfer at any time for the following reason:
- the student falls outside the eligibility requirements
- disruption of school operation is caused by the student or parent
- other relevant reasons as determined by the District
Information you need to know:
- Do not register/enroll in Skyward prior to receiving your transfer approval. You do not need to be enrolled in Pearland ISD to apply for a transfer. Transfers will not be obtained through Skyward. You must apply for a transfer through the Student Transfer Program. After you receive an approved transfer, you may enroll/register for the approved school in Skyward during the new student enrollment period. New students may enroll through Skyward in July. https://www.pearlandisd.org/parents/enrollment
- All student transfers must be applied for annually through the Student Transfer Program.
- Students who do not apply for a transfer by the deadline or who do not qualify for a transfer will attend their zoned campus.
- Late applications will not be accepted. Due to the high volume of transfer applications, the detailed process of transfers, and limited summer staff, we are unable to consider applications after the deadline. A deadline is necessary to be prepared for the following school year in a timely manner.
- Transfers are for students who wish to attend a school that they are not zoned to attend.
- Transfers are not for students who move from one school zone/district to another and want to attend their new school. Students who want to attend the school they are now zoned to attend enroll/register there as a new student.
- New applicants must create an account in the Student Transfer Program before accessing the application. Applicants should start the process early as to not miss the deadline. The program will not accept an application after the deadline.
- Application must be made by the parent listed on the birth certificate who has custody, or by the legal guardian of the student, who the student lives with full time at the enrollment address. Legal guardian must submit the court order naming them as the legal guardian.
- It is a violation of UIL rules to transfer for reasons of UIL competition. Pearland ISD will not approve transfers for athletic or other UIL competition reasons.
- Transfers are processed on a first come first served basis. Some campuses may have limited space available.
- “Closed Campuses” will not accept new transfer students or transfer students new to that campus, unless the parent is a fulltime employee at that campus, or the student was already a transfer student in that feeder pattern. (Closed campuses will be posted in the information corresponding with the type of transfer you need.)
- Additional campuses and/or programs may close as they reach capacity.
- The list of “Closed Campuses” may change year to year based on enrollment at each campus each year.
- Transfers are applied for and based on your home address at the start of the new school year.
- If you plan to move after the application period, you must apply for a transfer during the application period to attend the desired campus the next school year. You cannot apply for a transfer once the transfer program closes.
- Transportation is not provided to and/or from school for transfer students.
Information you need prior to applying for a transfer:
- The district name and campus name of the school your child is zoned to attend next year for the grade applied for. Students transfer from the school they are zoned to attend next year, for the grade applied for, even if they have never attended that school. They do not transfer from homeschool, private school, charter school, school they attended on a transfer, etc.
- If you reside outside Pearland ISD, you need the county code, district code, and campus code of the school your child is zoned to attend next year for the grade applied for. These are not zip codes, area codes, or phone numbers. Contact your zoned school or zoned district office for the information. All school principals/secretaries should know their codes. You may also look up your zoned school on the TEA website at: (Some schools are listed by their full name.) https://tealprod.tea.state.tx.us/Tea.AskTed.Web/Forms/SearchScreen.aspx?orgType=School (Example: Brazoria County is 020, Pearland ISD is 908, Pearland HS is 001, so their code is 020-908-001. Your code will vary by county, district, and campus where you are zoned to attend next year.) Do not input N/A or leave blank. Applications will be rejected without the correct information.
- If your child attended a school other than Pearland ISD during the 2023-2024 school year, you must submit records for the schools attended including attendance, punctuality, and discipline records for all of the schools attended during the 2023-2024 school year to establish eligibility, and records/details of any Special Program that your child qualifies to receive services for.
Once you have submitted a transfer application, you may check the status of your transfer application by logging on to your account in the student transfer program. Click the type of transfer that you input. On the next page click “SEARCH” and all of the applications that you input will be shown.
- “Pending Approval” – You submitted the application. It is in line to be processed.
- “Created” – You created and saved an application but did not “SEND” it. It was not submitted. You must click “SEND” to submit it. Processing may take several weeks.
A fulltime employee of Pearland ISD is an employee with a permanent position who receives a regular paycheck from Pearland ISD and qualifies for TRS. This does not include substitutes or contract workers.
Finding the type of transfer your child needs. Click on the statement that is correct for your family: