Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Logo Title

Transfer for the child of a Peace Officer or Servicemember

Pearland ISD already offers transfer opportunities for students who reside within Pearland ISD and outside Pearland ISD. The advantages of the new legislation offering transfers to children of Peace Officers and Servicemembers are that they are not subject to a deadline, and they will not be subject to paying an application fee for out of district applications. Otherwise, Peace Officers and Servicemembers will follow the same pathway as outlined for other transfer applications. If a Peace Officer or Servicemember wishes to apply for their child’s transfer under that umbrella, they will indicate they are a Peace Officer or Servicemember when they create their account in the student transfer program. They are required to submit proof of their current employment as a Peace Officer or active duty Servicemember with each annual application, and submit any other documents required under that application.

Peace Officers, as defined by the Occupation Code 1701.001, must provide a current letterhead statement from their supervisor verifying their current employment position and that they are scheduled to continue at the start of the new school year.

Servicemembers must be an active-duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority. Servicemembers must provide a DoD issued document verifying the person is a current active-duty member and are scheduled to continue at the start of the new school year.