Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Arts in English from The University of Texas at Austin Certifications: English Language Arts and Reading (grades 8-12) English as a Second Language Supplemental
Mrs. Lisa Atieno
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year!
This will be my sixth year teaching at Oiler Nation and ninth year teaching overall. I am looking forward to teaching Pre-AP English II, AP English IV, and assistant coaching Academic Decathlon this school year. Below are some fun facts about me as well as some of my favorite good reads:
- I love to bake! I really enjoy baking old family recipes and putting a new spin on them.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with coffee and broadway musicals
- I am a self-proclaimed nerd. I love Shakespeare with a passion, Doctor Who (a British TV show), Star Wars, and superhero films.
- I love traveling. I've been to such amazing places as Spain, Italy, the Caribbean, and I spent a summer in England studying Shakespeare.
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
- Americanah by Chimamanda Adichie
- A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry
Conference period: 7th Period (1:55 PM-2:50 PM)
Tutorial Times: Monday and Wednesday 6:30-7:05 AM
Tuesday and Thursday 3:00 - 3:35 PM
*If a student wishes to attend virtual tutorials in TEAMS, they will need to make an appointment with Mrs. Atieno. Appointments may be made outside of designated tutorial times if need be.
*Mrs. Atieno does not hold tutorials Monday mornings or Friday afternoons