Degrees and Certifications:
Masters in Curriculum and Instruction with a focus on Instructional Coaching Bachelor of Arts in English from The University of Texas at Austin Certifications: English Language Arts and Reading (grades 8-12) English as a Second Language Supplemental
Mrs. Lisa Atieno
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year!
This will be my 8th year teaching at Oiler Nation and 11th year teaching overall. I am looking forward to teaching Pre-AP English II and AP English IV this year. Below are some fun facts about me as well as some of my favorite good reads:
- I love to bake! I really enjoy baking old family recipes and putting a new spin on them.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with coffee and broadway musicals
- I am a self-proclaimed nerd. I love Shakespeare with a passion, Doctor Who (a British TV show), Star Wars, and the superhero films.
- I love traveling. I've been to such amazing places as Spain, Italy, the Caribbean, and I spent a summer in England studying Shakespeare.
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
- Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Adichie
- A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry
Conference period: 7th Period
Tutorial Times: Tuesday & Thursday 6:30-7:05 AM
Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday 2:40 - 3:30 PM
*Appointments may be made outside of designated tutorial times if need be. Please schedule with Mrs. Atieno
*Mrs. Atieno does not hold tutorials Monday mornings or Friday afternoons