Welcome to Photojournalism.
This is a full year course. The first half of the course will introduce students to the workings of digital SLR cameras, including manual setting (f/stops and shutter speeds), and photocomposition techniques. The second half of the course will introduce advanced techniques and equipment. Students will learn caption-writing, digital photo editing and digital file management. Students must provide their own digital camera. Cameras are NOT available for student check out, but students will have some opportunities to use school cameras and equipment during the school day. Students may use any type of digital camera that allows for the downloading of images to a computer for manipulation. The purchasing of other supplies, such as memory cards, card readers, computer photo paper, etc. may be required at student expense.
April 13 - April 17: 2 Important
- This week I want you to take 2 pictures of objects that are important to you and tell us why. The 2 objects can be important to you for any reason. Please use complete sentences when explaining why they are important to you. 3-5 sentences for each object. Submit your pictures and explanations to Canvas.
- You can upload the assignment as many times as needed.
April 6 - April 9: Typography
- Typography (or fonts) are everywhere. They can be found on billboards, packaging, posters, clothing, etc. Typography is big business in graphic arts, journalism and photography.
- This week's assignment is to watch the short video that is attached in Canvas. It is from YouTube by Ben Barrett-Forest.
- Then take and upload 5 pictures of typography or the fonts you see around you. Make sure that the images are clear, not blurry and have good lighting. Watch out for glare (or reflections) in the object as you take the pictures.
March 27 - April 3: Join Your Class Remind Message Group
- To get updates and reminders for Photojournalism download the App Remind 101.
- Please see your Class Period's Canvas for more instuctions and the class code
March 24 - March 27: Refresh and Review
- Please take 8 photos of everyday objects that are just around. Find things that normally do not get photographed because they are just simple objects. Be creative with it; you can even add filters. I have included 3 examples in Canvas. You can upload as many times as you want.