Ms. Spain teaches AP Language and Composition
Dawson Classroom - 2323 - Online Classroom Available on Canvas @ https://pearland.instructure.com/
All Class Activities and Communication are online through
Canvas, Skyward, and E-mail
APLAC Syllabus 2021-2022 Spain
Ms. Spain's Meet the Parent Night
Course Supplies APLAC:
Students should buy these for their own personal use and only used in APLAC. They should be brought to class every day.
1. 3-ring binder, 2”binder with dividers (REQUIRED)
Set up 2” binder dividers as follows:
- Handbook – You only have one “Woobie.” Keep it ready for everyday use.
- Anthologies – class reading (in order of date with most recent on top)
- Mentor Sentences
- Handouts / Notes / Instructions – (in order of date with most recent on top)
2. Black and dark Blue Pens (no colored—bright blue, pink, red, green—pens or pencils allowed on essays or homework)
3. 1 folder (REQUIRED)
4. College-ruled lined paper
5. Expect a fee for the AP Test in Skyward later this year. Do not pay now.
Students are expected to bring a laptop to class.
Ms. Spain's 2021-2022 Schedule
1st period - AP Language and Composition
2nd period - AP Language and Composition
3rd period - AP Language and Composition
4th period - AP Language and Composition
6th period - AP Language and Composition
7th period - AP Language and Composition
Ms. Spain's tutorial times are A-Lunch during Eagle Hour:
Glenda Dawson High School, room 2323
2050 Cullen Blvd.
Pearland, TX 77581
Daily and Weekly Reminders:
See Canvas for daily classroom and homework information.
Parents should ask students for student password to Canvas to have all access. Note: teachers do not have the ability to give parents all access to Canvas - students do.
All classwork and homework are on Canvas in the weekly PowerPoint and Assignments are on Canvas Calendar, and announcements will come through Canvas and Skyward.