TSI Testing at Turner High School has ended for the 2021-2022 school year. Students can register to take the TSI at Alvin Community College, please contact:
Turner High School Dual Enrollment Advisor
Alvin Community College
TSI Study Resources
- Accuplacer Student Portal
- ELAR Sample Questions
- Essay Sample Questions
- Math Sample Questions
- TSIA2 Study App
TSI Testing at Turner High School (2022-2023 School Year)
In order to enroll in dual-credit courses at Turner College and Career High School, students new to Dual Credit must obtain passing scores on the TSI test by the deadline set forth by Alvin Community College. We suggest that students take the TSI early so they have time to retest if needed. ACC offers TSI Testing at their facility several times a day and all year long. For current Pearland ISD students, Turner High School will offer TSI testing on Saturdays from October 2022 to April 2023.
Below are important details about the TSI Test and requirements for the day of testing. Please read before clicking on the TSI Registration link. Payment and registration of TSI Testing at Turner High School is acknowledgement and understanding of the following:
1. IMPORTANT: Students must take the required Pre-Assessment Activity before testing day. Students will create an account, and select the “Texas Success Initiative 2.0 Pre-Assessment Activity (TSIA2-PAA)". Upon completion of the PAA, a certificate of completion will be sent to the email address provided when creating the account (Note: Do not use the student's school email address as it cannot receive email from outside the district). Please PRINT and bring a copy of the PAA completion certificate on the day of testing (the proctors will collect the certificate). The PAA Accuplacer link below also contains practice tests for TSI. Please select Alvin Community College as the campus.
IMPORTANT: The PAA Platform works best using Firefox, and does not work with mobile devices. https://practice.accuplacer.org/login
NOTE: Students only need to complete the PAA one time. Once the PAA certificate has been given to the proctor on testing day, it will be kept on file for future reference in case the student needs to retest.
2. The TSI Test administered at Turner College and Career High School will not have accommodations. Students who require an accommodated test must register to take the TSI at Alvin Community College.
3. Students taking the TSI at Turner High School must be current Pearland ISD students and have a Pearland ISD school ID number. For those not currently enrolled with PISD, please contact ACC to schedule your TSI test. ACC Testing Website
4. Students MUST present a Photo ID on the day of testing. Acceptable forms of IDs include:
- School ID showing name and clear photo
- A current yearbook that shows your name and photo
- A printout of Skyward (Pearland ISD database) that shows your name and photo
- Passport or other government issued photo id
5. On the day of testing, students should be dropped off at 7:30am. The front doors will open at 7:30am and lock at 7:45am. Late arrivals will not have access to the building and will forfeit their test.
6. Testing at Turner ends by 1:00pm, though most students finish before that time and can call their parents for pick-up. Students usually take approximately 60 minutes for each section, but some students finish all three sections within an hour.
7. Students are encouraged to eat a good breakfast and consider packing a snack, and drink with lid. While there are no scheduled breaks, students can take a break any time they feel the need. However, they cannot access their phone or communicate with others.
8. Pens, pencils and paper will be provided for the students. Calculators are not allowed. The math portion of the test will provide an online calculator for questions where it is allowed. Masks are encouraged, but not required.
9. On the day of testing, parents can call the testing center at 281-727-1619 to check on the status of their child's progress. The testing center phone is only monitored on Saturday during testing.
10. First time testers MUST take a Complete Test (please select option 1 when paying/registering). A complete test includes ELAR (multiple choice questions for writing and reading), Essay (if allowed), and Math (multiple choice questions).
11. Retesters can select any of the retest options 2-5 when registering/paying. Parents/Students are responsible for selecting and paying for the correct test (ELAR, Essay, Math). Please select the option recommended by your ACC Advisor.
12. By submitting TSI payment, the parent and student authorizes Robert Turner College and Career High School to share the student's TSI test scores with Alvin Community College.
13. To reschedule or cancel, please email Angela Piedras at least 24 hours before your testing date in order to receive a refund. No refunds are issued for no shows or late cancellations. Contact: Angela Piedras, Assistant Principal at Turner High School, email@example.com, 281-727-1600.
14. The week before your TSI test, you will receive a confirmation email that includes the testing day procedures listed above. Please check your spam/junk folder for the email. This is a generic sample of the email. Your specific email will have a confirmation of the date/time: day of testing procedures.
15. Should the TSI be cancelled due to low enrollment or weather, a cancellation notice will be posted on this website, and a cancellation notice sent via email. Please check your junk email the night before testing.
Using the link below to pay and register for TSI testing at Turner High School acknowledges parent/student agreement and understanding of the information above.
Your TSI Scores
- Access TSI scores anytime using the Accuplacer Student Portal. You will need to provide your name, date of birth, student ID, and where you took the test (Pearland ISD) to gain access to the portal.
- Intrepreting Your TSI Scores