Prepare to head back in time as we embark on a bold adventure together to discover the incredible story of our United States! As we explore the past and make connections to real-life, we will not only grow in our knowledge, but more importantly, we will grow in our citizenship, social responsibilities, geography skills, and our critical-thinking skills.
I hope to inspire a true love for learning about the many treasures and lessons that our history holds, along the way building lifelong decision-making, communication, and analysis skills that will serve each child well in his/her future!
Welcome to my Classroom Website!! I'm looking forward to a GREAT year with your child, where learning is fun, authentic, and inspiring!!
Below are some helpful reminders:
- My door is always open for communication! I can be reached at email@example.com or through the school office at 281-412-1500. I will send out e-mails through Skyward and will use the Remind App as two avenues to help keep you connected. Please e-mail me if you haven't joined "Remind" and need the code to get into your child's class. This is a way for me to send you short messages, dates, reminders via your phone, like text messages.
- Please review your child's agenda nightly as we try to instill good study habits; they should write our "I will" statement and list any homework they have.
- Graded papers go home on Tuesday; please review and sign/return the folder the next day. Any papers below a 70 must be corrected and returned by Friday.
- Please check Skyward each week with your child to keep current on academic progress and any assignments that may be missing.
- Tutoring/Enrichment in Social Studies will be every day except on Wednesday mornings, 7:45 a.m. - 8:25 a.m. You will be given a hall pass to keep in the front of your agenda. This is a time to get some extra help on challenging areas and to come in to make up work you missed if you were absent. Other classrooms on Team Purdue will be available for tutoring on Wednesday mornings as well.;
Thank you in advance for working with me to make this an incredible year of growth and discovery for your child!
» Personality Quiz
Kids, answer the questions from your own point of view and find out more about your personality!!Parents, you can do this to find out more about your child as well! I was an INFJ. What are you?!!
Phone: (281) 412-1500
Degrees and Certifications:
Graduated from UHCL, Summa Cum Laude, Bachelor of Science Degree in Elementary Education, Grades 1-8 Generalist (All Subjects); Math Specialization; Gifted Certification; I.B. Certification; Have taught Grades 1-5.
Mrs. Connie Medley
Hi! My name is Connie Medley and I am so excited to be your child's Social Studies teacher here at the G.T. Academy! This is my 34th year to teach, and all but the first four years have been in Gifted Education, my true passion! I love the simple things in life, spending time in nature on adventures across the U.S. with my family! I especially treasure my time with my curious, young grandson and my beautiful, happy infant granddaughter . Some other things I enjoy are cheering on my sports teams (Astros, Longhorns, and Texans), quilting, and taking pictures of the beauty of our Earth. I hope to share my love and passion for learning with your child this year!