Hello and Welcome to 6th Grade SOCIAL STUDIES AND SCIENCE!
TEAM NAME: LAMAR UNIVERSITY
I am Floretta Stykes-Joseph, but you can call me Mrs. Joseph. My email is email@example.com
This is my 7th year in Pearland, all at Sablatura Middle School. I am very excited to be teaching your child this year! I have been in education for a total of 27 years, so please rest assure that your child is in good hands!
MRS. JOSEPH's Homeroom (Advanced Class) MY HOMEROOM CAN BRING A DRY SNACK SINCE LUNCH IS SO LATE. WE HAVE PEANUT ALLERGIES SO PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE. WATER SHOULD BE IN CLEAR CONTAINER.
8:40- 9:25 TUTOR/ PE
ON (A DAYS) YOUR CHILD WILL BE ABLE TO GET CAUGHT UP ON ANY MISSING ASSIGNMENTS OR RECEIVE TUTORING FOR ANYTHING NEEDED)
(B DAYS, YOUR CHILD WILL HAVE PE)
9:30- 10:15 (SOCIAL STUDIES/ OR SCIENCE)
10:20-11:05 ELECTIVE CLASS
11:10-12:25 (SOCIAL STUDIES/ OR SCIENCE)
12:25- 12:55 LUNCH
1:00-1:15 (ADVANCE CLASS WILL WRAP UP AND GO TO LOCKERS FOR MRS. VERA'S CLASS) THIS IS WHERE THEY PUT SOCIAL STUDIES/SCIENCE THINGS AWAY AND PREPARE FOR MATH AND READING.
2ND CLASS (BILINGUAL CLASS)(MRS. VERA'S HOMEROOM)
1:20-2:05 (SOCIAL STUDIES/ OR SCIENCE)
2:10-3:50 (SOCIAL STUDIES/ OR SCIENCE) THIS IS WHERE THEY GO TO LOCKERS AND PREPARE TO GO HOME.
Teacher Webpage: Check your child's agenda
* go to Pearlandisd.org
* Leon Sablatura Middle School
* find teacher name (Vera or stykesjosephf)
* go to Pearlandisd.org
* Leon Sablatura Middle School
* On-Line Textbooks
* Intermediate Schools (Grades 5-8)
* McGrawHill Textbooks
* McGrawHill Textbooks again ( at the top)
* enter Username and Password
* click McGraw Hill Textbook
* World Cultures & Geography, Texas
* click the UNIT/ go to drop down and select the Chapter
* click on the 2nd drop box
* Click GO and EXPLORE
Access this the same way you do for the social studies book but instead of clicking on Intermediate Schools:
* scroll down to ACCELERATED LEARNING
* ACCELERATED LEARNING (AGAIN)
* Username/ Password
*Accelerated Learning (again)
* click on the assignment or simply explore (review will always be a good refresher)
office hours Mon-Fri
10-11 but I check them all day throughout the day
I will respond to emails ASAP
1st ASSIGNMENT DUE DATES (Social Studies- Russia Ch.15 Lesson 1)/ (Science-Tectonic Plates)
03-16-20 / 03-30-20 (OR AS SOON AS YOU CAN)
(PLEASE TURN IN CH.15 RUSSIA LESSON 1)
Social Studies: READ EVERYTHING FOR LESSON 1 BELOW, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FULL HEADING, AND TITLE FOR EACH SECTION. YOU CAN TAKE A PICTURE OF IT AND EMAIL IT TO ME.
SCIENCE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU COMPLETED THE ASSIGNMENTS ON STEMSCOPES. I RESET THE ONES THAT WERE BELOW 70, SO MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE CHECK EACH SECTION BEFORE STARTING ON CLASSIFYING ROCKS.
THE LAST DAY TO TURN IN YOUR WORK ON CH. 15 LESSON 1 AND TECTONIC PLATES IS MONDAY MARCH 30TH AT NOON or AS SOON AS YOU CAN.
Ch. 15th Russia Lesson 1 (SAME THING FOR LESSON 2)
Go to on-line textbooks and read the tabs at the top
- Go to the Chapter Opener
- LISTEN to the video
-read Why the Story Matters and read the 1 Essential questions in blue and answer (1 question per lesson)
- Go to the TAB (Place and Time) and answer the questions for Step into the Place (only do 1 time)
- Study the timeline and pick an event you're interested in and research it. Write a couple of bullets to let know what you learned and draw, color and label a picture.
- Lesson 1 (SAME THING FOR LESSON 2)
WATCH THE VIDEO
- pull out the vocabulary words in yellow and write the definition and illustrate a picture for each
-read each section and WRITE what you learned for each section highlighted in RED
- there is a Self Check Quiz at the end, please put the page # (located at the bottom of the page) and draw, color and label a picture.
STAY SAFE AND SEE YOU SOON!
SCIENCE- Tectonic Plates
Classifying Rocks (This is a review, we started on this in class)
(These assignments are graded when you turn them in, if you didn't do well, they were
reset on Wednesday March 25th by 8am AND AGAIN FRIDAY MARCH 27 @12 NOON for Tectonic Plates) and RESET April 7th for Classifying Rocks.
- On-line textbook (StemScopes)-(Accelerated Learning)
- there are 4 assignments labeled TECTONIC PLATES, please complete them. We discussed them before the break.
2nd ASSIGNMENT DUE DATES (Social Studies-Russia Ch.15 Lesson 2) (Science-Classifying Rocks)
- 6.10 Classifying Rocks (fill in the chart, check it against the answers below) Go over the questions with a parent SAVE/TURN IN
Picture Vocabulary (review, study, save and turn in)
Reading Science B (read, answer the questions SAVE/TURN IN)
Post Assessment (read, answer, SAVE and Turn in)
Call a classmates for any questions you may have, if they can't answer you, please email me. firstname.lastname@example.org
School supplies: Must be brought to class DAILY!
Parents, thank you so much for reading and signing your child's agenda everyday! That is a great way for us to keep the lines of communication open.
Please look for their conduct card inside the red take home folder on Tuesdays and sign/return. The students are allowed to make corrections on papers less than 70. This can be done during tutoring time first period on A days.
The grades for my class will mainly be located inside their notebooks.
email@example.com. Please feel free to contact me for any questions or concerns
BYOD: Students must turn in a form to use devices in class. Please have them completely charged! If they are using it without permission or working off task, they will NOT BE allowed to use it for 30 days in my class.
No social media, texting, pictures and only appropriate games. (No blood/killing)
Only happy, cheerful, colorful school appropriate games!
PLEASE REMEMBER TO CHECK COMPOSITION BOOKS, AND SKYWARD FOR GRADES.
Thank you for visiting,