Welcome to eLearning/ Distance online Learning. I miss you all very much! Keep reading and see below for details about eLearning.
A Few quick things about eLearning:
1) If you need help or have questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
2) My "office hours" are 11:00 - 12:00 pm Mondays and Tuesdays. I will check email frequently throughout the day but this is the time that I will be at my computer to specifically answer emails. You can still email anytime between 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. If I don't answer right away, please be patient, I may be helping someone else or in a meeting!
3) Remember that things may change as we go. I will update my webpage frequently and will send frequent reminders through Skyward/Remind.
Please navigate to the eLearning Pages for information regarding learning at home!
Miss you all! Mrs. Connie Ellis
Welcome to 5th Grade and welcome to Team 5R, Be You!
My name is Mrs. Connie Ellis and I have been a teacher for 26 years. I am married with two boys, ages 18 and 21. I love anything with "Bling". I love sparkles too! I love mermaids too!
I love U of H too. Both of my son's are Eagle Scouts! I am so excited for this school year!
I will be teaching 5th Grade Language Arts and 5th Grade Social Studies and I have very high expectations for all of my students. Every student must purchase a planner and bring it to every class, every day. The students are expected to write down the agenda from the board for every class in their planner. If the planner is lost, it must be replaced as soon as possible.
CLASSROOM EXPECTATIONS: REWARDS: CONSEQUENCES:
Be Patient *Self Satisfaction - Warning
- Be Prepared *Academic Success - Conduct Mark
- Be Positive *Praise and Recognition - Parent Contact
- Be Prompt *Positive Parent Contact - Loss of Privileges
- Be Productive *Tickets - Detention
- Be Polite * Prizes - Office Referral
ISN: Interactive Student Notebooks
Each student will be expected to maintain an interactive student notebook, one for Social Studies and one for Language Arts and keep them in their locker. They need to bring both of them to class everyday. These notebooks will be used in class every day. Students can take their ISN, Interactive Student Notebooks, home to study for their tests, but they will need to be returned the next school day as we use them in class everyday. The students will also have a folder for their reading log/responses.
I look forward to a great school year. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at 832-736-6400 or email at email@example.com.
Conference time is 9:30 to 10:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Please check your students grades on Skyward.
Mrs. Connie Ellis
5th Grade LA/Social Studies Teacher/Room 112
Rogers Middle School