Distance Learning--We've Got This!
1. Since I teach science and social studies you will find a tab for each subject. Social Studies is only required for the students in Ms. Valdez's homeroom, but any 5G student is welcome to use the resources.
2. If you need help with something or have any questions, feel free to email me at email@example.com. I check my email throughout the day. I'm also going to transition my social media accounts to benefit students and parents during this time. I am on Instagram as @ham_it_up_in_science. I will use Instagram to post images that may enrich the topic we are learning at home. I also have a Facebook page, Ham it Up in Science, that I haven't used in a while but may use to enhance our experience and help parents.
3. My "office hours" next week will be daily from 10:00am-11:00am. This is when I will be sitting at my computer to answer questions by email. I will check it at other times, but I will definitely be at my computer during this time. I am also happy to receive questions via Remind @lham110. There is also a tab on the left that says Discussion Board. There is an option to comment and that is a great place to send me questions on assignments as well.
4. Remember that things may change as we go. I will update my website frequently, so please check it periodically. I will also send out emails with updated information as needed. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
5. I will be providing feedback weekly on assignments that you complete. For example in Classkick, I may comment on how well you did and thank you for completing the assignment. I can see your progress in STEMScopes (Accelerate Learning) as you complete assignments and be sure to click "Turn In" so that the assignment is sent to me for review.