Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Karen Spooner
Week of April 27th - May 10th
Good morning, Rockets!
I hope that you are doing well in these times. I miss seeing all of you! Due to our current situation, we will not be able to complete TELPAS this year, which means unfortunately that students will not meet the criteria to reclassify from the ESL program.
I have already emailed you a log of your student's progress on their ESL assignments.
- For the students that have missing work [Education Galaxy, Read Theory, or TELPAS, they will have this week to complete the assignments.
- This week's assignments will be found in the Homework section of your 2019-2020 ESL OneNote
To access Microsoft OneNote for ESL Practices
- Go to portal.office.com
- Use your school computer log-in information
* username: firstname.lastname@example.org
* password: regular school computer password
- Look for "Shared with Me" menu [in the middle of your screen]
- Click on 2019-2020 ESL Notebook
- Click on your name on the LEFT side menu
- Click on Homework tab
- Select Week of April 27th - May 10th
- Click on blue link to be taken to the Classkick website.
- Please type in the titles, dates, and scores of your Education Galaxy completed lessons and Read Theory passages.
For Grade 5, each student is to pass three (3) Read Theory passages and complete three (3) Education Galaxy lessons, Math, Reading, or Science. They are due by next Sunday, May 10th.
For Grade 6, each student is to pass five (5) Read Theory passages and attempt three (3) Education Galaxy lessons, Math or Reading. They are due by next Sunday, May 10th.
The Read Theory passages and Education Galaxy will help you practice for the TELPAS Reading passages.
Due to some concerns with Zoom. I am setting up an ESL Teams Notebook - you will access it the same way that you access the 2019-2020 ESL OneNote. I will be available at the same times as I was on Zoom every day to help with any classwork questions. The dates and times are listed below.
Apr 27, 2020 02:00 PM Apr 28, 2020 02:00 PM Apr 29, 2020 02:00 PM Apr 30, 2020 02:00 PM
May 1, 2020 02:00 PM