Seventh Grade Pre-AP Math
Phone: (281) 997- 3900
Degrees and Certifications:
Adv. Diploma in Comp. Hardware & Networking Associates in Science Bachelors in Interdisciplinary Studies TX EC-9 Generalist certified
I hope everyone is safe and healthy! I'm excited to meet all of you and look forward to an exciting year of learning!
Welcome to Berry Miller Jr High!
I was born in South India but grew up in Mumbai. I've been a Math tutor for more than 20 years and many of my students are engineers, sailors, salesmen, businessmen, realtors, teachers, etc. I moved to the United States of America in 2003 and received my Bachelors in Education.
I've been teaching at Pearland ISD since 2014. I'm a proud recipient of the 2012 President's Volunteer Service Award for volunteering more than 200 hours at SFASU. Go JACKS! I love taking pictures, drinking coffee, online shopping, and traveling! I used to play cricket and kabaddi back in the day, but now I'm a big fan of baseball, basketball, and football! Go Astros!! Go Pearland Little League!! What an achievement! I am so proud of my team!
COMMUNICATION & E-LEARNING
Welcome to e-learning!
- I will check and answer emails throughout the day. You can email me anytime but I'll answer during business hours.
- Messaging through Remind app is the quickest way to answer a simple question. But Remind is not our official means of communication, email is.
- If I don't answer right away, please be patient, I might be helping someone else, may not have a definitive answer, or I'm in a meeting!
- Please check Remind and Canvas for all updates. Students will have access to Canvas courses, assignments, and calendars.
- Skyward grade is always reliable.
- Canvas grades sometimes don't pass over or get updated. Please don't panic if it is not updated on Skyward. I'll sort it out with the student.
1st period: Pre-AP Math
2nd period: Pre-AP GT Math
3rd period: Miller Moment
4th period: Pre-AP Math
5th period: Pre-AP GT Math
6th period: Pre-AP GT Math
7th period: Pre-AP GT Math
8th period: Lesson Planning / Team Meeting/ Parent Conference/ Faculty Meeting/ POD Captain Meeting/ Substitute when short of staff, etc.
- Charged LAPTOP
- Personal Planner (to help with the organization)
- 1 1/2 inch Math Binder. We will have an HW tab within the binder. So no need for a separate HW folder
- #2 pencils (mechanical is fine if you can bring your lead refills)
- Adult scissors (Kids' scissors will jam growing fingers, just saying)
- One Highlighter
- Dry Erase Marker (to write on the desk/whiteboard)
- Red pen (for checking homework)
- Black or Blue or any other dark-colored pen (for taking notes)
- Hand sanitizer (we always run out by March, so please be generous!)
- Tissue box
As you all know, teachers all over the United States spend a lot from their pockets on maintaining a great classroom.
If you are willing and able, I appreciate your and your family's contribution to your child's class and his/her success! Please click on my WishList to help us have a great year!
Tutorials (Click here for Department Tutoring Schedule)
Monday PM: 4 to 4:30 PM
Thursday AM: 8 to 8:30 AM
Friday AM: 8 to 8:30 AM
Other times are strictly by appointment only. *If I am unavailable for tutoring, you may visit any other math teacher's tutorials for help. Ms. Kelly, Mrs. Laird, Ms. Akin, Mrs. Arthur, and other math teachers on campus are always happy to help you.
Click here for ALL PISD Textbooks: For Math Use myHRW
Berry Miller Junior High
(281) 997- 3900