6th Grade Math
Degrees and Certifications:
B.S.in Interdisciplinary Studies
Mrs. Garza, 6th grade Math
Welcome to 6th grade! I am the math teacher for the Team Trust. I am starting my 25th year in teaching and enjoying every minute of it!!! I have taught 5th grade to Algebra. Math is its own language and I can not wait to help your child master it! I have a junior at Turner and 7th grader at South. I love to spend time with my family and friends as well as reading and baking. I look forward to a great year with your child.
I hold tutorials for math on Tuesday & Friday from 8:00-8:25am (students must have a pass to attend tutorials)
- need extra help with lessons
- were absent and need to gather or complete work
- need to make up or finish a test
- need to make corrections
- have missing or late assignments to make up
- must come prepared with your own materials, supplies, and questions.
- work will NOT be provided.
After school: Monday 3:55-4:30 p.m. (with at least 24-hour advanced notice only)
- students must have a dated note or email stating that the parent/guardian has given the student permission to stay after school.
- the note must contain an updated phone number of who will be picking up the student if they will be staying after school.
- students will not be allowed to call his/her parent asking if they can stay after school for tutoring.
- Students must bring the work that they need help completing or reviewing (work will not be provided.
- students must be picked up at/by 4:30