Degrees and Certifications:
BFA Louisiana State University Texas Educator Certification Early Childhood - Grade 12
Hello I'm Mrs. LaFleur and I'm so happy to have you in my class! This year is definitely going to be a learning experience for all of us, but I look forward to having a great class despite the challenges.
Here's a little bit about me:
This is my thirteenth year at Sam Jamison Middle School and my 14 year teaching art in Texas.
I graduated from Louisiana State University...GEAUX TIGERS!
I'm a mom, grandmother, and animal lover!
I love drawing, painting and photography.
Painting is my favorite art medium.
In my class, we will focus on building a good foundation in art by:
Studying the elements and principles of art
Learning about a wide variety of art and artists
Practicing different skills with a varitey of materials
Exploring ideas and being creative
My goall is that you enjoy being creative, try your best, build and appreciation for different kinds of art, and improve your skills over the course of the year.
Please be sure to read over the Class Rules and Expectations, Materials, and Remote Learning (if applicable sections.
If you have any questions or need to contact me, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
My Conference time is Monday-Friday 11:05 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
Behavior Expectations for
Students Receiving Digital Instruction
Students are to:
- adhere to the behavior expectations outlined in the district’s Code of Conduct;
- follow all district and campus handbook rules and guidelines.
- adhere to the teacher’s class rules (virtual and face-to-face).
- be dressed and groomed in accordance with the district’s dress code at all times.
- use appropriate language for all forms of communication including but not limited to: e-mails, discussion postings, group projects, and assignments.
- be respectful and refrain from using profanity or offensive language whether written, spoken, illustrated, or displayed.
- be courteous to others at all times and are prohibited from making recordings of others whether audio or visual, including but not limited to screenshots and videos, of virtual or face to face classrooms. Only District staff and personnel are permitted to record a portion of a class whether virtual or face-to-face.
- adhere to the to the district’s acceptable use policy for technology. Anyone failing to comply with this policy is subject to being denied privileges of future use and be provided alternate opportunities for remote instruction.
- behave in a manner appropriate for a classroom setting at all times and in all class venues. Illegal and/or inappropriate activity or behavior prohibited by the district’s Code of Conduct shall be reported in accordance with applicable laws, policies, and regulations.
2020-2021 Middle School Art Supplies (Estimated cost is $10-$15)
1 Manila File Folder to be used as your portfolio
Crayons 24 ct. box
Markers 8-10 ct. box
Ruler (wooden or plastic)
Glue or Glue Stick
Fine Point and Ultra Fine Point Black Sharpies ( one of each)
Watercolor Set-8oval pans
*****Optional more specific supplies
Oil Pastel Set
9x12 White Paper for projects-but copy paper will work
Mrs. Greta P. LaFleur
Sam Jamison Middle School
5th & 6th Grade ART 2020-2021
Conference Time: 11:05 a.m. - 11:50 p.m.
Respect others and their belongings.
Be prepared for class.
Listen pay attention, follow directions, and get permission to speak or leave seat.
Use correct behavior outside of the classroom.
Consequences for Art accumulate for each grading period.
1 Mark Verbal Warning
2 Marks Seat Change/Redirection
3 Marks Phone Call
4 Marks Lunch Detention
5 Marks After School Detention/Phone Call
6 Marks Office Referral