**** NOTE: ONLY CURRENTLY ENROLLED DAWSON STUDENTS IN GRADES 9-12 MAY TAKE THE TSI AT DAWSON HIGH SCHOOL. ALL CURRENT 8TH GRADERS OR STUDENTS AT OTHER HIGH SCHOOLS WILL NEED TO FOLLOW THE TURNER HS ACC DIRECTIONS ON THEIR WEBSITE TO TEST AT THE ACC CAMPUS. ***
We are offering the TSI Test andTSI Retests at Dawson for current Dawson students on Wednesdays on the following dates during the 2023-2024 school year:
Dawson Testing dates:
Follow the testing sign up directions below to sign up online to take the TSI in person at Dawson in the College and Career Center on one of the above test dates. Students can contact Ms. Leah Stribling or Dr. Schlitzberger if they have questions at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in testing or retesting, please follow the directions below to sign up for one of these test dates. If you are taking the TSI for the first time, you will need to take the TSI Complete Test, which includes the English/Language Arts, Essay and Math sections. You must take the complete TSI the first time you test, even if the Math section is not required for your dual enrollment courses. Once you take the entire TSI the first time, you are able to retest individual sections if you do not pass a section that is required for either your dual enrollment course or college acceptance.
TSI Registration Information
(IMPORTANT: must be a current Dawson High School student)
Step 1. Select link below to pick a testing date and pay fee
Step 2. Sign up for an Accuplacer Account - https://practice.accuplacer.org/login
Step 3. Take the Pre-Assessment (IMPORTANT: Students must take the required Pre-Assessment Activity before testing day)
Steps to take the pre-assessment:
Step 1: Choose a Practice Test: Texas Success Initiative 2.0 Pre-Assessment Activity (TSIA2-PAA)
Step 2: Select Institution: Pearland ISD
Step 3: Complete Both Samples Tests ELAR & Math
** Once you complete the PAA, a Certificate of Completion will be emailed to you. You will need to show this certificate to the test proctor when you check in on the morning of your test **
NOTE: Students only need to complete the PAA one time. Once the PAA certificate has been given to the proctor on testing day, it will be kept on file for future reference in case the student needs to retest.
1. The TSI Test administered at Dawson High School will not have accommodations. Students who require accommodations must register to take the TSI at Alvin Community College.
Alvin Community College - Testing Center, Building A Room 144A
2. Students taking the TSI at Dawson High School must be current Pearland ISD students and have a Pearland ISD school ID number. For those not currently enrolled with PISD, please contact ACC as they offer TSI Testing several times a day all year long, and even offer online testing options. ACC Testing Website
3. Students MUST present a Photo ID on the day of testing. Acceptable forms of IDs include:
- School ID showing name and clear photo
- A current yearbook that shows your name and photo
- A printout of Skyward (Pearland ISD Database) that shows your name and photo
- Passport or other government issued photo id
4. Students taking the TSI test for the first time MUST take a Complete Test that includes ELAR (multiple choice questions for writing and reading), Essay, and Math (multiple choice questions). Re-testers can select any of the retest options as recommended by the ACC advisor. Parents/ students are responsible for selecting and paying for the correct test (ELAR, Essay, Math) and will not hold Dawson High School or its staff responsible in the event that the wrong test is selected.
5. By submitting TSI payment, the Parent/Student gives Dawson High School permission to share the student's TSI test scores with Alvin Community College.
If you have questions about TSI or need to reschedule, please contact…
Ms. Leah Stribling at Dawson High School
Please use this link to register and pay for TSI testing at Dawson High School, which acknowledges your understanding of the above details.
TSI Study Resources
Your TSI Scores