Hello to all the Challenger Eagles!
My name is Mrs. Coe, and I am the professional school counselor at Challenger Elementary. I am so excited to be here! I previously taught 3rd grade for 8 years, and this is my 13th year as a school counselor. I love my job and am looking forward to the 2020 – 2021 school year. I have been married for 24 years and have two sons. My oldest graduated in 2017 and my youngest graduated in 2018 from Pearland High School – GO OILERS!!!
I wear many hats here at Challenger, and I am here if you need me. I teach classroom guidance lessons and have individual and small group counseling sessions for students that might need some extra support to succeed in the school setting. Students are referred to me by their teachers or parents/guardians.
I have many other resources available to families as well. Here is a list of things that I can help with:
- School Supplies
- Clothing - PTA Swap Shop Information https://www.pearlandisd.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=4&ModuleInstanceID=444&ViewID=6446EE88-D30C-497E-9316-3F8874B3E108&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=34499&PageID=1
- Counseling and Psychiatric Resources https://www.pearlandisd.org/cms/lib/TX01918186/Centricity/domain/540/resources/Psychiatric_Behavioral_Counseling_Resources_Feb_2020.pdf
- Community Resources https://www.pearlandisd.org/cms/lib/TX01918186/Centricity/domain/540/resources/Community_Resource_List_2019-20_October.pdf
- COVID-19 Parent Resources https://www.nasponline.org/resources-and-publications/resources-and-podcasts/school-climate-safety-and-crisis/health-crisis-resources/talking-to-children-about-covid-19-(coronavirus)-a-parent-resource
- Houston Food Bank Backpack Buddies Program - Please let me know if you could benefit from extra help with weekend meals for your family.
- Pearland Neighborhood Center Santa's Helper Program and Pearland ISD Angel Tree Program
- and much, much, more!
Please feel free to contact me at 281-485-7912 if I can help in anyway!