Pearland High School
"Students are our most powerful advocates for college access tools. In partnership with 11 school districts, the College Board has launched an Official SAT Practice Student Ambassador pilot program to amplify student voices in our mission to increase access to college and career.
About 107 Ambassadors from 47 high schools across the country are working to spread the word about Official SAT Practice and help clear the path for more students to own their future." College Board
Job Description of an Offical College Board SAT Ambassador
There are two levels of Official College Board Student Ambassadors:
Level 1: Acorn Ambassadors:
- Speak at 3-4 events - school assemblies/events and with the national/local press when requested.
- Recruit sophomores to become future Practice Ambassadors
- Advertise Official SAT Practice by having your face on a poster
- Receive College Board swag, recognition and an award for participation
Student Ambassadors may elevate to Level 2 Gold Leaf Ambassador:
- Accomplishing at least 3 of these additional activities:
- Organize 1 school wide practice test
- Set up 2 study-groups to help your classmates create a study plan and stick with it!
- Organize and speak about the importance of SAT practice and going to college at 1 event targeting any of the following audiences: principals, school district personnel, parents, middle school students, after school organizations, school board meetings, or PTA meetings.
- Run a social media/advertising campaign to build knowledge about SAT Practice
- Enhance any of these ideas and make the program come to life with your own additions
- Example: Don't just speak to one extra audience -- truly become the official spokesperson for SAT Practice in your community and take your show on the road. Hit up libraries, YMCAs, and other community hot-spots.
- Example: Did you set-up 2 study groups and find success? Build on it. How can you bring it to more and more students? Can you set up 2 more? Can you set up 5 more? Can you build school-wide momentum and create systems?
- Students who have reached Gold Leaf status may be eligible for other awards including more College Board like hats and blankets, and a possible opportunity to present at a national College Board conference as a current or former ambassador attending high school or college.
If you are intested in applying to be a College Board SAT Ambassador complete the attached application and return to Ms. Walker, PHS Assistant Principal.