Degrees and Certifications:
MBA, (Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA) BS, Mechanical Engineering (University of Texas, Austin, TX) BA, Latin American Studies and Spanish (Tulane University, New Orleans, LA) Professional Engineer: California License #M-26793 Certification: Technical Education 6-12, Intern
Hello! My name is Karen Hooper and I am very excited for our upcoming 2020-2021 school year. I am joining the Turner Rail Cat family this year after more than thirty years in the engineering and construction industry. Most of my career has been focused on international-related engineering business and projects. More than half of my career has been dedicated to oil, gas and chemicals, but I have had many diverse assignments that include automotive, food, pharmaceutical, mining, aerospace, power, biomass, environmental, transportation, water, etc.
The two classes I will be teaching this year are Project Lead The Way (PLTW) courses and include:
- PLTW - Civil Engineering and Architecture
- PLTW - Engineering Science
Office Hours: 3rd and 7th period
- Mondays - Thursdays: 10:25 – 11:55
- Friday – 10:35 – 12:15
- Monday - Thursdays: 2:50 pm - 3:20 pm (If you plan to arrive after 3:00, let me know in advance)
- Pre-arranged: Any mutually agreed time that may include before school, after school or lunchtime.