The information below is Pearland ISD's health response protocols. Due to changing metrics and health trends, we anticipate possible changes and revisions to our operating procedures as the school year progresses.
Pearland ISD will continue to consult with and review the guidance issued by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) as well as local, state, and national public health officials. Additionally, any order issued by the governor’s office will be followed. Due to changing metrics and health trends, we anticipate possible changes and revisions to our operating procedures as the school year progresses. When Pearland ISD looks to modify operations, a committee of professionals will review multiple indicators and strategies to determine our COVID-19 response, to ensure a healthy and safe environment for our students, staff, and community.
Pearland ISD will review COVID-19 data from Brazoria County and individual district facilities as indicators for an appropriate operational response. The Superintendent will make decisions to adjust the COVID-19 response based on the data. Pearland ISD will weigh all factors before an operational decision is made.
Pearland ISD Indicators and Thresholds
COVID-19 Community Levels can help communities and individuals make decisions based on their local context and their unique needs. Pearland ISD will use community and local indicators and thresholds to make operational decisions. Pearland ISD will weigh all factors and collaborate with local and state authorities.
General Health Protocols
- People with symptoms of infectious diseases, including COVID-19 should stay home and get tested for COVID-19.
- Campuses will teach and reinforce proper handwashing to lower the risk of spreading viruses, including the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Improve ventilation to the extent possible to increase circulation of outdoor air, increase the delivery of clean air and dilute potential contaminants.
- Campuses will clean high-touch surfaces at least once a day to reduce the risk of germs spreading by touching surfaces.
- If a facility has had a sick person or someone who tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 24 hours, the space will be cleaned and disinfected.
- Pearland ISD will work with local health officials to consider local conditions and factors when deciding to implement prevention strategies.
What positive cases are reported on the District Dashboard and how does a case become recovered?
What should I do if I receive a COVID-19 Classroom Notification Letter?
What are the cleaning procedures for the 2022-23 school year?
Will students, employees and visitors need to self-screen prior to coming to a campus or district facility?
Will students be sent home for only fever or for any COVID symptom?
How will my student receive instruction if they test positive or have to isolate?