Why Choose Pearland ISD
Pearland ISD is proudly home to more than 21,200 students who are welcomed every day at our 23 campuses and empowered to thrive.
In Pearland ISD, students develop their unique gifts and are supported by more than 2,700 full-time employees who maintain student success and well-being as their sole purpose.
- Dual Language/Bilingual Education Program
- Gifted and Talented Academy
- College and Career High School
- Professional certifications, associate degrees and a wide variety of Career and Technical Education programs
- Premier theater, choir, band and art programs
- Competitive and high-achieving athletic programs
- Pearland ISD's 2022 senior class surpassed the state’s SAT average by 134 points
- 18 finalists in the National Merit Program
- 100% overall STAAR participation rate; 19% more students than the state and region met grade level standard for all STAAR tests at all grade levels
- 9% higher than the state and region in Graduation Rate and College and Career Readiness
Even more reasons to be Proud...
Dual Credit and Graduation
Pearland ISD’s dual credit courses offer students the opportunity to earn college credits for a discounted price while earning credit for high school courses at the same time.
AP Student Performance
Advanced Placement (AP) and Pearland Advanced Program (PAP) classes are the best preparation for a successful post-high school education. After taking college-level AP classes, students have the opportunity to take a corresponding AP exam and potentially earn college credit or advanced placement at a university.
Career and Technical Education
Career and Technical Education programs/ pathways provide students with the option to enter the workforce directly after high school graduation or prepare to transition into a post-secondary education setting with stackable credentials.
Career Clusters Include:
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Architecture and Construction
- Arts, AV Technology and Communications
- Business, Marketing and Finance
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Transportation, Distribution and Logistics (Automotive Technology)
- Education and Training
- Health Science
- Human Services
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (includes PLTW)
"A" Rated District by the TEA
Pearland ISD is one of 396 Texas school districts to receive the highest rating out of 1,195 districts rated.
Rated A+ in Niche 2023
Rated as an A+ district, Pearland ISD is No. 4 in the Houston area and No. 24 in the state.
Outreach and Attendance department: helps engage students to stay in school and graduate with efforts focusing on dropout prevention and recovery, and truancy prevention and enforcement.
Guidance and Counseling department: in collaboration with other educators, parents, guardians and the community, our counselors ensure that students have the necessary social/emotional skills, academic foundation, technical knowledge, college preparation and career readiness for future success.
Safe & Secure Schools department: has a comprehensive Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) that is reviewed annually. Campuses practice various emergency drills such as fire, severe weather and intruder drills throughout the school year to prepare students and staff. The district also employs School Resource Officers (SROs) at all junior high and high school campuses through the Pearland Police Department.
ACT and SAT Outcomes
Pearland ISD students continue to exceed state and global average scores by an ever-increasing amount in critical reading, math and writing. The district’s results continue to impress with an increase in SAT takers over the last ten years from 491 to 1,133 students.
2020-21 ACT Avg. Score
Pearland ISD 25.3
2020-21 SAT Avg. Score
Pearland ISD 1150
Fine Arts Programs
Fine Arts award-winning programs provide significant, meaningful experiences for students and the community with the goal of preparing students to appreciate and participate in the performing and visual arts achieving their highest potential. Students participate in concerts, festivals, contests and compete in UIL and other scholastic and fine arts organizations.
As evidenced by state and national performances and championships, the Pearland ISD athletics program values the total student experience and believes in academic and extra-curricular achievement. Athletics teaches self-discipline, self-respect, hard work and the ability to handle different outcomes in life. These values help ensure success on the field, in the classroom and in life.