- Free Meals available through May 27, 2020 for all Pearland ISD students, regardless of meal eligibility (free, reduced, or full paid), will be able to receive one breakfast meal and one lunch meal per day at no cost.
- Regular a la carte items will still be available each day for purchase.
Virtual Learners & All children under 18 years old
- Free Curbside Meals available at Carleston Elementary from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. every school day.
- All virtual learning students regardless of meal eligibility (free, reduced, or full paid), will be able to pick up curbside meals at no cost.
- ALL children in the community under 18 years old may pick up curbside meals at no cost
- Only one breakfast and one lunch may be picked up per student per day.
Texas Farm Fresh for Texas Strong Students
Pearland ISD Food Service Department tries to buy local Texas products as often as possible. We want you to know some of the items we will be using throughout the month of October as we celebrate National School Lunch Week. Every time our students choose these items for their meals, they are helping to put money and pride right back into Texas agriculture.
Texas watermelons grow in every part of Texas, so we have a long season of Fresh Texas Watermelon to enjoy. Watermelon is actually around 92% water! This sweet, summer and fall treat is also a great source of vitamins A, C and the antioxidant lycopene.
Locally grown Texas Russet potatoes become available to us each year around early October. They make a great baked potato and can be filled with meats or cheese to create a hearty entrée. Potatoes are nutrition powerhouses with plenty of Vitamin C and Potassium. Be sure to eat the skins, because that is where you get the most of the healthy nutrients.
Texas wheat farmers supply our bakeries with enough flour to make 9 billion loaves of whole grain bread each year! When you eat a sandwich or piece of toast, you are eating grains grown here in Texas. Our hamburger and hot dog buns are also mostly made from Texas wheat.
By the time October begins, the students of Pearland ISD will have already consumed more than 200,000 bottles or cartons of fresh Texas milk in this school year! The protein, calcium and vitamin D contained in the milk all work together to build strong, healthy Texas students.
Breakfast and lunch are served on all district campuses, and a well-trained manager directs each food service facility. All meals served must meet meal pattern and nutrition standards based on the latest Dietary Guideline for Americans. The current meal pattern increases the availability of fruits, vegetables and whole grains in the school menu. Federal regulations have specific calorie limits to ensure age-appropriate meals and portions for grades K-5, 6-8 and 9-12.
Pearland ISD Food Service personnel serve more than 12,500 nutritious breakfasts and lunches each day.
Pearland ISD Food Service Department
1928 Main St.
Pearland, TX 77581