For Parents and Students during Spring 2020 school building closure
After Spring Break, our district has closed school buildings and we have been forced to very quickly modify our lessons' instruction, notes, and assignments into an online form. Please be patient with us as we all learn how best to serve all of our students through this method of delivery.
- By Sunday of each week, I will send the new week's lesson instructions out in three methods: email on Skyward, Canvas message, and Remind App post (if your child is an Algebraic Reasoning student, they can still join my Remind class using class code @ardawson20; if your child is a Pre-AP Algebra 2 student, they can still join my Remind class using class code @a2cummings.
- They have until the following Sunday at midnight to complete the week's assignment. Link to Canvas. Throughout the week, they can attend one of my week's posted Office Hours time slots through Zoom (my Sunday message will tell them the week's office hours for Algebraic Reasoning students and the separate office hours for Pre-AP Algebra 2 students). The Zoom meeting ID is always 466-127-1033 and you do not need a Zoom account to join a Zoom meeting. Download the app on a phone, or use the website. www.zoom.com and click the option that says "Join a Meeting".
- If your child has questions outside of my posted office hours, THEY KNOW that they can always contact me with questions via Remind. I have enabled the ability to send me messages, that come only to me, and I will respond as soon as possible.
- If your Algebraic Reasoning child received special services, my inclusion teacher Jason Trahan is offering additionally morning office hours M-F from 9-10 am (only for Algebraic Reasoning students who receive special services). His Zoom meeting code is 423-570-2362. Kids can also email him at any point and set up a different time: email@example.com
- Algebraic Reasoning students who have access to a laptop/desktop or an iPad: click here for download instructions for a 6 month free trial of our graphing calculator.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of this, communicate is vital as we all work together to best serve our kiddos during this extraordinary time. Please contact me! If you have NO access to a device or the internet, please contact me, and I can put you in contact with the right person.