The Pearland ISD Department of Testing and Program Evaluation is responsible for:
- Implementing the State of Texas student assessment program.
- Implementing national assessments such as the National Assessment of Educational Progress.
- Assisting with the implementation of Credit by Exam and Kindergarten Acceleration.
- Scheduling locally developed assessments that will help evaluate student progress on state tests.
- Analyzing the results of state assessments to interpret their impact for state and federal accountability systems.
- Creating customized data analysis reports based on campus and district needs. This data is used to plan intervention activities, such as tutorials extended day services, at-risk programs, etc.
- Assisting administrators and counselors in planning successful academic programs that will facilitate sustainable student success.
- Facilitating the implementation of the state and federal accountability systems.
District and campus ratings are posted on the Texas Education Agency website.