June 7, 2021
Due to train delays this morning, several routes are running significantly behind schedule. Please remain at your stop until the bus arrives.
We are currently making preparations for 2021-2022!
Summer Program Service
For Summer programs offering Transportation, parents who registered for bus service will receive an email with their child's bus route information prior to the start of the program.
Pearland ISD Transportation is Hiring!
Bus Driver and Bus Monitor positions:
- Split shift with a break in the middle of the day
- 6 hours per day
- Summers Off
- Paid training available to obtain your Commercial Driver's License
- Mechanic Assistant
- Lead Mechanic
- Fleet Supervisor
Transportation Clerk Positions
COVID-19 Transportation Provisions
As a response to COVID-19, Pearland ISD encourages all families, with the ability to do so, to transport students to and from school. Bus transportation will be offered; however, the standard number of transported students compromises the ability to socially distance. For this reason, students utilizing bus transportation will be required to utilize face coverings.
- Students in all grade levels will be required to complete an online transportation request form through Skyward in order to be scheduled for bus service.
- Bus seating will be assigned for all students.
- When possible, siblings or students residing in the same household will be seated together.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on each bus and students will use the hand sanitizer upon entry to the bus.
- All bus drivers and monitors will wear appropriate face coverings.
- All students (health exceptions) will be required to wear face coverings. Families are required to provide these for their students.
- Each bus will be sanitized between routes and Transportation staff members will be trained in proper sanitizing procedures.
- When possible, windows and roof vents will be opened while the bus is operating to increase the fresh air flow through the bus. Air conditioners will continue to be used in conjunction with the open windows.
- Bus stop locations may change from previous years in some areas to reflect the actual students who are utilizing bus service. As a result, some locations may require a student to walk a bit farther to a bus stop than in the past.
- For students choosing the optional bus fee service, payment may be made in full for the entire year once the fees are added in Skyward, or monthly payments may be made throughout the year. If monthly payments are made, payments are due on the first day of each month (August through May.) If payment is not received within 15 days, bus service will be discontinued for the student. The parent or guardian may request to have service reinstated, but it is subject to the delinquent payments being made and the availability of route service and capacity to accommodate the student.