The Pearland ISD Education Foundation has been created to support the educational programs for both the students and staff of Pearland ISD. The foundation will provide funds for educational programs and activities that either have not been funded or have been under-funded by the normal operating budget. These funds will be used to facilitate student achievement and skill development, to recognize and encourage staff excellence and to expand community involvement from individuals, businesses and civic organizations.
The Pearland ISD Education Foundation will provide resources to enrich teaching, inspire learning and enhance opportunities for students enrolled in Pearland ISD.
The Pearland ISD Education Foundation:
- is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, tax-exempt, philanthropic organization of citizens
- shares a vision of enhancing education in Pearland ISD
- works to increase private support for educational activities in Pearland ISD
- benefits Pearland ISD students and staff by supporting activities not funded by tax dollars
- fosters creative approaches to education through private grants and involvement
- awards Foundation funds through a volunteer Board of Directors made up of business, community and educational leaders
The foundation will achieve its mission by directing resources toward the following goals:
- Encourage all students to work to their highest potential
- Support staff for innovative efforts
- Recognize staff for exemplary teaching
- Build community awareness for the Pearland ISD Education Foundation
- Inspire parents and community to participate with the school district in enriching education