Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. in History with a minor in Social Studies from Harding University
Welcome to Ms. Burkett's Class!
The 2019-2020 school year will be my sixth year at Glenda Dawson High School. I have been teaching World Geography the last five years and this year I will be lucky enough to also teach AP Psychology! This website is an excellent resource for finding information needed in my class. A good rule of thumb is to check the site before sending me an email.
Along with teaching Social Studies, I am the Coach for UIL Spelling and Vocabulary. If you are interested in UIL Spelling & Vocab please come see me as I am always looking for fresh talent.
This summer I was fortunate to travel to Scotland and England with the Dawson Explorer's Club. Our 2020 trip is to Japan! If you are interested in that trip and want information please click this link! Don't miss out on this wonderful opportunity.
Glenda Dawson High School
Some Fly...We Soar!
Conference: 3rd Period
Tutorials: Wednesday & Friday During Eagle Hour A (First Half)
If you are still reading this congrats! You're almost to the end. As a reward, here is some information about me:
1. I have 2 pets: a dog named Kida and a cat named Jacky. I will bring them up a lot in class.
2. I love Broadway Musicals. I wrote a musical in college that won an award and money for charity.
3. I enjoy sewing in my spare time.
4. I also enjoy video games in my spare time.
5. I am looking forward to teaching you (or your child) this school year!