Christina Maartens, ACC Dual Enrollment Advisor
PHS Main Office
Office Hours: Monday & Wednesday and some Fridays, 7:00am - 3:00pm
Dear Current and New Dual Enrollment Students,
(Note: if you are not a DE student and have received this in error, please disregard)
Thank you for your interest and participation in the Alvin Community College Dual Enrollment Program. With so many district changes, and after many meetings and discussions, it has been determined that Dual Enrollment classes will be facilitated remotely-online. All Dual Enrollment Classes will begin on August 24th. Please continue reading for important answers to questions you may have. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions or concerns. We are here to serve.
- ACC Dual Enrollment will be remote-online. Classes will be synchronous (live at the scheduled time) or asynchronous (at your own pace, following the syllabus and assignment deadlines). Your delivery method will begin on August 24th and continue in that manner until the semester is over, regardless if you are face-to-face or a virtual student learning from home.
- How will I know if my class is synchronous or asynchronous?
Danbury ISD – synchronous
Pearland ISD – synchronous
Homeschool – will depend on course selected, please refer to syllabus
- What happens if I choose to return to my high school for face-to-face instruction and I’m enrolled in the remote-online Dual Enrollment class?
Additional information will be sent closer to the return to school dates.
- ACC uses Blackboard, Blackboard Collaborate and Microsoft Teams as its instructional platform. Once registered for classes, students will be able to log into the ACC POD to view and access their college courses. Detailed information will be sent after registration.
- Students in most technical programs will require some face-to-face laboratory meetings for skills instruction. Details on specific meeting days/times for these programs will be provided in a future update.
Fall 2020 Registration Process:
ACC DE Advisors will be working directly with the counselors to register students that have completed the admission process by August 7th (for new DE students) and meet requirements for enrollment into the college courses they have selected. Registration should take place within the next two weeks (Aug. 3-Aug. 14). Students will receive a “You are Registered” email that will include important information (payment deadline, payment plan options, POD instructions and more). Please be sure to always check your email as well as the ACC DE Announcement page: http://www.alvincollege.edu/dualenrollment/announcements.html. We will continue to post updates here.
Fall Payment deadline is August 17th, 2020. Please be prepared to pay for your courses, or to enroll in a payment plan. Dual Enrollment Scholarships are available, apply now! Deadline is August 7th.
If you are new to Dual Enrollment, we are working on a virtual orientation experience to help acclimate you to the Dual Enrollment program. We will also offer bi-weekly Student Success Support Workshops for all DE students throughout the fall semester. Continue to check our announcement page and your email for updates.