NOTICE OF INTENT TO APPLY:
Pearland ISD will be applying for 2021-2022 ESSA and TEHCY funding. You can read more below about the programs. If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns regarding ESSA &/or TEHCY funding and the programs these funds support, please let us know by completing this survey, available until June 15, 2021. You may also contact Donna Tate, Federal Programs/Grants Administrator, at email@example.com or 281.997.4949.
Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
The Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA) was reauthorized on December 10, 2015, as the bipartisan Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). ESSA builds upon the critical work states and local educational agencies (school districts) have implemented over the last few years. The reauthorized law prioritizes excellence and equity for our students and supports great educators.
The new law builds on the efforts of educators, communities, parents, and students across the country.
A few of the key ESSA outcomes are the provisions that -
- Advance equity by upholding critical protections for America's disadvantaged and high-need students.
- Require that all students be taught to high academic standards that will prepare them to succeed in college and careers.
- Ensure that vital information is provided to educators, families, students, and communities through annual statewide assessments that measure students' progress toward those high standards.
- Help support and grow local innovations—including evidence-based and place-based interventions developed by local leaders.
- Sustain and expand investments in increasing access to high-quality preschool.
- Maintain an expectation that where groups of students are not making progress, &/or graduation rates are low over extended periods of time, there will be accountability and action to effect positive change.