Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Larson is one of the automotive instructors at Pearland High School. For 17 years he has taught introduction to auto, Auto1, Auto2 and AYES. Mr. Larson received his teaching degree from Whalen Baptist University. His automotive training began just after high school working for Chevrolet, BMW, Toyota and finally with Chrysler corporation. Mr. Larson is an ASE Master certified Technician and holds the L1 Advanced Engine Performance Certificate in addition to numerous manufacture certifications. Mr. Larson is also a member of North American Council of Automotive Teachers association (NACAT) and the The ASE Education Foundation
- To emphasize quality work, interest, pride, and enthusiasm in the context of real workplace responsibilities
- To increase student experiences in problem-solving, deductive reasoning, judgment, and decision-making skills within a team environment
- To practice time management, planning, and organizational skills in the context of real workplace responsibilities
- To demonstrate knowledge of automotive technology safety in the context of real workplace responsibilities
- To work cooperatively with team members to complete assigned tasks in the context of real workplace responsibilities
- To produce employable entry level technicians, with not only the skills and knowledge needed to succeed but also the character traits desired by employers in the Automotive community.
Our mission is to assist the student(s) in acquiring the knowledge, skills, and attributes necessary to be a successful entry level Technician in the Automotive Industry and/or continue their education in a related occupational field.
Conference: 3rd period 9:03-9:51
Tutorials: Tuesdaays and Thursdays 11:45-12:15
and Wednesdays @ 2:30 p.m. - 2:55 p.m.
PearlandHigh School recently received accreditation from the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF), certifying that the program meets the rigorous standards of the foundations’ expectations for excellence in automotive technology education.
Congratulations to Mr. Larson, Mr. Hall and Dr. Nix, who have worked hard to ensure the Pearland High School Automotive Program was aligned with NATEF’s standards!