Update: Pearland ISD Mask Protocols
The following was email to parents and staff on Wednesday, May 19, 2021:
Per Governor Abbott’s Executive Order issued on May 18, 2021, below are the updated Pearland ISD safety protocols for masks/facial coverings.
- In accordance with CDC/medical guidance, masks/facial coverings will remain required indoors for all students and staff for the final six days of the 2020-21 school year. See CDC’s Operational Strategy for K-12 Schools for further information.
- Masks/facial coverings are now optional outdoors for all students and staff.
June/July 2021 (e.g. summer school activities)
- Beginning June 5, masks/facial coverings will be optional for students, staff, parents and visitors at all district campuses and facilities. Per Governor Abbott’s Executive Order.
- Pearland ISD’s COVID-19 dashboard will continue to daily reflect reported positive cases for the five campuses hosting summer school, as well as multi-facility categories including ESC, Transportation and Maintenance.
2021-22 School Year
- We anticipate that beginning August 2021, masks will continue to be optional for everyone at all district campuses and facilities. Of course, district COVID-19 protocols are subject to change based on the status of the pandemic and on the advice/counsel of medical/science experts. Any further changes for the fall will be communicated no later than July 26, 2021, realizing various fall school activities begin August 1.
Pearland ISD supports anyone who feels it is important to continue wearing a mask and expects all to remain respectful of each individual’s choice.
We remain committed to providing timely updates to district COVID protocols while keeping student and staff health and safety as a priority.
Dr. John P. Kelly
Superintendent of Schools