District offers full-time pre-K to qualifying students
Starting in August for the 2020-2021 school year, Pearland Independent School District will offer a full-day pre-Kindergarten program. The program is being expanded from half-day to full-day and will be offered at every elementary campus to students who meet the eligibility requirements.
To qualify for pre-K, the student must reside in Pearland ISD, be four years old on or before Sept. 1 and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Limited English Proficient: Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- Educationally Disadvantaged: Eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP);
- Foster Care or Previously in Foster Care: Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) Placement Authorization Form 2085, Court Order, or DFPS Letter of Verification required;
- Homeless: Children who lack a fixed, regular and adequate nighttime residence and/or who are sharing housing with others due to the loss of housing, economic hardship or a similar reason may qualify. Student Residency and Assistance Questionnaire (SRQ) required;
- Military Families: The child of a parent who is an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority;
- Military Families: The child of a parent of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty;
- Star of Service Award: The child’s parent/guardian is eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, firefighter or an emergency medical first responder.
Pre-K Enrollment Dates
Pearland ISD will offer online registration for Pre-Kindergarten along with new and returning district students, from July 23-30 (closed Fridays, July 24 and 31), from 8-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m., and late night Tuesday, July 28, from 5-7 p.m.
For more information regarding full-time pre-K registration, including income eligibility, zoning, transportation, immunization and more, visit www.pearlandisd.org/prek.