Seven students advancing to DECA international
Seven Pearland Independent School District students will put their business skills to the test at the DECA International Career Development Conference to be held in Nashville, Tennessee on April 29.
Dawson High School students advancing to the international conference include Ashwin Murali (Accounting Applications Series), Aarushi Lakhi (Start Up Business Plan), Daniel Chang, Tarun Dasari and Daniel Ling (Stock Market Simulation & Prediction) and Aditya Namjoshi (Business Services Operations Research).
Advancing from Pearland High School to the international conference is Reem Abdelaziz (Restaurant/Food Service Management).
This year, about 18,000 high school students will compete at the international conference to demonstrate their college and career readiness.
The seven Pearland ISD students were finalists and qualified to advance to the international conference after participating in the DECA State Career Development Conference Feb. 20-22 in Fort Worth.
Additionally, Pearland ISD had five students who also received recognition as finalists at state, but will not compete at the international conference:
- Business Law and Ethics Team Decision Making: Rohan Perumaalla and Matthew Stinson
- Restaurant/Food Service Management: Jagger Barrett
- Food Marketing: Kevin Garza
- Automotive Marketing: Cyrus Shekari
Students who participated in state also include. . . .
- Business Services Marketing: Aqib Waheed
- Business Services Operations Research: Aditya Namjoshi
- Entrepreneurship Series: Jason Yang and Ritik Yadav
- Hotel and Lodging Management: Ryan Kuo
- Human Resource Management: Ryan Hartgerink
- Innovation Plan: Jiya Jhonsa, Cindy Li and Shaili Shouche
- Principles of Hospitality and Tourism: Quentin Sykes, Miriam Darden, Michael Pasala and Edwin Ling
- Principles of Marketing: Adriana Garris
- Stock Market Simulation & Prediction: Tarun Dasari
- Automotive Services Marketing: Aidan Morrison, Curtis Leggett and Taylor Phan
- Business Finance: Keagan Greer and Xavier Adame
- Food Marketing: Jasmin Becerril, Maggie Hair and Zaina Sarwar
- Human Resources: Inaija Herrell-Butler, Raelee Maddux and Valle Kauniste
- Marketing Communications: Isaiah Trevino and Lauren Adams
- Quick Serve Restaurant: Erik Hurks and Katelyn Pena
- Restaurant/Food Service Management: Brianna Chambers Rebecca Cole
DECA sponsors include DHS’s Abby Monroe and PHS’s Amy Hascek, Christian Dunn and Ron Meekes.