District students to compete at state DECA meet
Pearland Independent School District is advancing 27 students, seven from Pearland High School and 20 from Dawson High School, to the DECA State Career Development Conference to be judged February 18-22 after success at a district competition in January.
In their career choice area, students took a 100-question test and participated in a problem-solving role play activity with a judge from the industry.
Students who are advancing include. . . .
Dawson High School:
- Accounting Applications Series: Ashwin Murali
- Business Law and Ethics Team Decision Making: Rohan Perumaalla and Matthew Stinson
- Entrepreneurship Series: Neeraj Anantha, Ritik Yadav and Jason Yang
- Franchise Business Plan: Jiya Jhnosa
- Human Resources Management Series: Ryan Hartgerink
- Innovation Plan: Shaili Shouche
- Integrated Maketing Campaign – Product: Maitrie Walavalkar
- Marketing Communication Series: Adriana Garris
- Personal Fiancial Literacy Event: James Lee
- Principles of Finance : Nathalie Serrano
- Principles of Finance : Hanna Tran
- Sports & Entertainment Team Decision Making: Mateo Gardella and Jackson Tishler
- Start Up Business Plan: Daniel Chang, Tarun Dasari, Aarushi Lakhi and Cindy Li
Pearland High School:
- Business Finance: Curtis Leggett
- Food Marketing: Kevin Garza, Taylor Phan and Aidan Morrison
- Hotel and Lodging: Zaina Sarwar
- Marketing Communications: Maggie Hair
- Quick Serve Restaurant Management: Katelyn Pena
DECA sponsors include DHS’s Abby Monroe and Amy Hascek and PHS’s Christian Dunn and Ron Bessire.
DECA prepares high school and college students worldwide for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management.