Pearland ISD Communications wins 12 state PR awards
The Pearland Independent School District Communications Department celebrated 12 awards -- including a crystal certificate of merit -- at the Texas School Public Relations Association conference in late February.
Pearland ISD’s Hurricane Harvey Gift Card Drive received recognition with a crystal certificate of merit in the marketing category. The campaign raised over $90,000 in gift cards to assist students, employees and their families who were affected by the storm.
In addition, the district won these awards:
- Crystal Certificate of Merit: Hurricane Harvey Gift Card Drive
- Gold Star: District Profile brochure
- Gold Star: Back-to-school mailer
- Gold Star: 2018-19 District Calendar
- Gold Star: Service Awards Banquet invitation
- Gold Star: Progress magazine
- Gold Star: Crisis Text Line Video
- Gold Star: Graduation Snapchat Filter
- Gold Star: Back 2 School social media campaign
- Silver Star: Kindergarten Enrollment brochure
- Silver Star: #iwillASK event
- Silver Star: Job Fair Flyer
“I am honored to work alongside communications team members who take pride in creating world-class publications and programs. We are extremely proud of this statewide recognition. We love what we do every day -- communicating the great things happening in our schools and broadcasting the achievements of students and staff,” Kim Hocott, executive director of communications, said.
Fostering an open relationship between Pearland ISD and the public, the Communications Department manages many avenues of district communication and community relations, including the website, social media, print and electronic newsletters, press releases, RISE Mentoring, media relations and emergency communications.
Communications team members include Kim Hocott, Lexi Marshall, Cissa Madero, Victor Bushfield, Mandy Benedix, Tamara Hanson, Melissa Hall, Martha Stanley and Cindy Brown.