Full-Day Pre-K enrollment now open for 2020-21 for qualifying students
Starting July 1, Pearland Independent School District will offer online registration for qualifying pre-Kindergarten students. The program is being expanded from half-day to full-day and will be offered at every elementary campus to students who meet the eligibility requirements.
Steps for Pre-K enrollment/registration:
- Submit application through New Student Online Enrollment (NSOE) portal
- Upload required documentation online via Skyward NSOE
- Address verification on August 17, 1-7 p.m., at zoned campus (subject to change based on COVID-19 guidelines)
To qualify for pre-K, the student must reside in Pearland ISD, be four years old on or before Sept. 1 and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Limited English Proficient: Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language.
- Educationally Disadvantaged: Eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
- Foster Care or Previously in Foster Care: Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) Placement Authorization Form 2085, Court Order, or DFPS Letter of Verification required.
- Homeless: Children who lack a fixed, regular and adequate nighttime residence and/or who are sharing housing with others due to the loss of housing, economic hardship or a similar reason may qualify. Student Residency and Assistance Questionnaire (SRQ) required.
- Military Families: The child of a parent who is an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority or the child of a parent of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty.
- Star of Service Award: The child’s parent/guardian is eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, firefighter or an emergency medical first responder.
For more information regarding full-time pre-K registration, including income eligibility, zoning, transportation, immunization and more, visit www.pearlandisd.org/prek.
For general enrollment questions, please contact Julie Juneau at JuneauJ@pearlandisd.org.
For Pre-Kindergarten questions, please contact Dr. LaKesha Henson-Vaughn at VaughnL@pearlandisd.org.
For Dual Language questions, please contact Dr. Susan Franco-Fuenmayor at FrancofuenmayorS@pearlandisd.